Gregory Russell and Christina were inspired by several images of 1930s looks as well as Bottega Veneta’s F/W 13 runway styles. Gregory wanted to give Christina’s 1930s look a modern feel, so he created a style with a lot of texture. To finish the look, Christina wore a Marianne Schwartz diamond barrette which was clipped in the bang area, giving her hair a luxurious feel. Her 1930s hairstyle was complemented by a black lace Christian Siriano gown.
1. First prep damp hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse, applying at the roots and length for touchable volume.
2. Rough blow dry hair until it’s 90% dry. Use a Mason Pearson brush and blow out hair in sections to create texture and a bouncy wave. Once hair is dry, create a deep side part.
3. Then take a section of the hair and spray it with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Waves Hairspray to give hair definition and minimize frizz. Curl the section with a ½ inch curling iron for 15 seconds and then pin to let it cool. Curl hair with a ½ inch wand iron for a bouncy, looser wave and a ½ inch marcel iron for a smoother wave, alternating irons to create a textured, modern look.
4. Let pinned hair cool for 15-20 minutes to create a tight wave and then backcomb unpinned hair around the nape to give hair more volume and create a good shape. Apply Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Color Gloss Crème around the part to show definition.
5. Lastly, finish style with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to lock your look in place.